功能: Private Residence
The exposed concrete structure of the house is formed in three simple elongated rectangles with one turned open like a Swiss Army knife. Two rectangles set perpendicular to a river enclose the house. The third rectangle, on two piers, is completely open to the horizon, forming a viewing terrace parallel to the river. The two perpendicular volumes join in a tight angle allowing this duplex house ample natural light and ventilation. The steep embankment is relieved by rough stone bollards. From the interior, spectacular views are focused via aluminum-framed windows. Wood operable windows are set into a high-performance window wall. The house is geothermally heated and cooled, with green sedum roofs.
*All images are restricted to this page only and cannot be reproduced manipulated, or published by any means.
- Steven Holl ( principal, design architect )
- Noah Yaffe ( partner-in-charge )
- Marcus Carter ( associate-in-charge, project architect )
- Maki Matsubayahi ( project architect )
- Manta Weihermann ( project architect ) Nathalie Frankowski, Roberto Bannura, Kimberly Chew, Nathan Rich, Scott Fredericks, Xi Chen (project team)
- landscape architect
– Steven Holl Architects
– Edmund D. Hollander Landscape Architect Design